Students have an option to choose one from the two courses available for this programme.
Course 1: Indigenous Communities of Malaysia (ICM) - SKZA2014
- Introduce the unique cultures of indigenous communities in Malaysia and related issues;
- Understanding the communities history and recent marginalisation and the process of cultural transformation;
- Experience at first hand and document visually various cultural elements of a specific indigenous communities;
- Enhance understanding of various forces that confront the traditions and culture of the indigenous communities.
Course 2: Sustainability of Tropical Heritage (STH) - STPD 4044
The programme fee is USD 2,200 which inclusive of course materials, field trips, accommodations, most meals and transportation during the programme.
- Understanding better the natural heritage concept and observe the integrated conservation efforts for sustainability and eco-tourism;
- Experience at first hand and document visually various geological and biological heritage of Langkawi Island;
- Analyse the effectiveness of the various conservation initiatives in Malaysia.
Application deadline is on May 15th, 2019 (Wednesday).
Find out about UKM-GSMP at www.ukm.my/ukmgsmp and we would be delighted to welcome your students to UKM-GSMP 2019!