TAG- AIMS (Trans- ASEAN Global Agenda Education Program ASEAN International Mobility for Students Programme) is a student exchange program between Southeast Asian countries and Japan, creating a good environment and opportunity for students in ASEAN to have access to education along with the developed culture of Japan.
This is also a good chance to share and exchange culture among students not only in Asian but also international students from all over the world. This is a preliminary report on my study and activities over a period of five months from April 2017 to August 2017 in Japan.
- Enrolled subjects and grades
- Marine Biology (1 credit): Grade B
- Language anthropology (2 credits): Grade B
- Japanese culture (1 credit) Grade B
- Animal Production (1 credit) Grade C
- Kanji 1A (1 credit) unknown
- Japanese comprehensive1A (4 credits): Grade A
- Japanese-Socio- Cultural- Studies: (1 credit): Grade B
- Disease Vector Biology (1 credit): Grade B
- Specialized Field Practice III (1 credit): Grade A
- Specialized Field Practice V (1 credit): Grade A
- Specialized Field VI (1 credit): Grade A
- Global Issued Internship (1 credit): Grade A
- Global society (1 credit): unknown
- Trans- ASEAN Global Agenda debate (1 credit): unknown
- Extracurricular courses and picnics
- Campus tour:Took a tour of the main buildings and campus, we had learned about the development and strength of the university. The tour helps students getting used to the new environment and better understand about the school we are studying. Because that time were spring, the cherry blossoms was bloom brightly in the campus.
- Saitama Prefecture: We visited high school Sakado, exchanged and shared about our countries, the purpose of the trip is encouraging Japanese students to study abroad because most Japanese students do not tend to study in other countries.in the Afternoon, they brought us to visit Kawagoe ancient village, this is also the first time I tried Kimono
- Mt.Tsukuba Plum Park - Makabe Town - Ibaraki Kasumigaura Environmental Science Center - Hamasaki Oyster Shell Beds: The trip helps students understand more about environmental protection, especially in the Kasumigaura River, where pollution was previously heavily polluted.
- Ogawa - Saitama: where the high-grade writing paper of Japan produced, all students were instructed and made our own products
- II. ACTIVITIES
1. ASEAN café
Being held every Thursday evening, ASEAN café is a small and cozy party every week for students of TAG-AIMS and TAG-MEXT programs. Every week, a nation will host and organize their own program. This activity brought us closer together, from strangers to become intimate and understand each other about culture, traditions and national identity. The program normally includes presentations, games, traditional food and art performances. The group of Vietnamese students performed quite well during the week and was enthusiastically welcomed by their teachers and friends, which is one of the most well-prepared countries in the ASEAN cafe chainYosakoi club.
2. Yosakoi club
- Apart from class time and extracurricular activities, the clubs at Tsukuba University are also quite strong with large and professional organizations, most of whom have English speaking members. My club is Yosakoi Media Dance Club, which runs every Wednesday and Sunday evenings, not only to help me know a Japanese art form but also a place for entertainment and communication with other students, especially practicing Japanese.
- In addition, I also participated other small activities such as promoting booth for students studying in Japan, participating in the exhibition Fooma technology in Tokyo, ...
- III. ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- The environment of education is very good, teachers are enthusiastic, thoughtful in teaching. In addition, majors and subjects are diverse, modern facilities, especially the library.
- Safe and clean dormitory, each student is accommodated a room with full of necessary stuffs, creating a comfortable space for studying and living.
- Campus is pretty and closing to nature, making fresh atmosphere for students and lecturers.
- The cuisine is variety, which is the combination of Asia food and Japanese food. The most famous food is sushi and curry udon.
- Ideal environment for making friends, studying, building strong relationships, enhancing living ideal and attitude from Japanese people.
- Public transportation is convenient and safe.
- Almost all of Japanese has limited English, so it is hard to communicate with them. If you want to study there for a long time, learning Japanese is essential
- Price is much higher than in Vietnam
The trip was a great experience for myself, a chance that I never thought there would be a second time. I have gained the knowledge, experience and learning the Japanese way of life, understanding more about the culture of many countries, getting acquainted with friends around the world. Not only that, Japan is a diverse country of culture, history as well as scenic places, so this exchange program were also a chance for me to discover more about the new land. I would like to thank the School of International Education of Thuy Loi University, the TAG-AIMS program and the University of Tsukuba for giving me a great experience and learning a lot in the country of cherry blossoms.
Vietnamese Asian Café
Final Asean Café- TAG-AIMS and TAG- MEXT 2017